NZQA accredited Holistic Massage
Holistic Health Massage tutorial, delivered to a maximum of two students.
NZQA-approved short practitioner training course available by workshop or tutorial.
Holistic massage is an effective, simple therapy that is easily learned, and can be delivered to a standard where it will have a beneficial effect by almost anybody. The key lies in understanding the anatomy and functioning of not only the musculo-skeletal system – bones, joints and muscles – but also the Nervous System. A positive relationship between therapist and client creates a climate where powerful self-healing mechanisms can be activated, leading to immediate benefits across a wide range of conditions.
Massage has been used by many cultures for thousands of years. It is a simple way for people to take responsibility for many aspects of their own health and well-being, especially in our fast-paced, high-stress world.
- Theory of Holistic Massage Therapy – how does it work?
- The function of the Nervous System in Massage.
- Need-to-know Anatomy and Physiology.
- Essential practitioner skills for effective therapy.
- Establishing emotional, environmental and cultural safety.
- Hands-on techniques;
- Acupressure and trigger-point release.
Whole-body techniques for addressing the back, shoulders, legs, feet, arms, hands, neck, face and scalp are demonstrated, with opportunities for lots of supervised practise.
To receive the Certificate of Competence, you must complete the following requirements.
- Attend a 16-hour approved workshop, or contract with the tutor for one-to-one or small-group tutorials (usually 10 – 12 hours).
- Complete a short written assignment.
- Undertake 6 practise sessions in your own time.
- Carry out a 2-hour, one-to-one Assessment session with the tutor and demonstrate competence across a range of skills.
The course comes with a comprehensive illustrated Manual and Massage Techniques DVD.
Criteria for the Assessment are clearly outlined, and you can use them during your practise sessions.
Click here for prospectus http://hht.co.nz/3pro.pdf
Deep Tissue techniques Workshop
30 hours: Next workshop is coming up on Oct 31st and Nov 1st 2020. There are 2 spaces left. Contact me via the contact form for more information.
(one weekend plus research and practice time).
(no assignment or hands-on competency assessment).
This weekend workshop is a follow-on for people who have completed the Holistic Massage Course, or some other training in Massage Therapy, or need a refresher in Advanced techniques. It is not an entry level course
You will received a smart-looking Certificate of Attendance issued by HHT Ltd saying that you have completed a level 5 30-hour course in Deep Tissue and Remedial Massage Techniques.
The course takes place when there are sufficient numbers (usually a minimum of 6) to run training. The tutor-student
ratio is 1 – 6. If there are more trainees, additional tutors will be brought in to ensure close coaching.
Workshop fee includes a comprehensive colour Manual and a techniques DVD. The fee for 2020; $400.00 per person.
- Palpation skills.
- Deep Tissue Techniques (XFF, C stroke, S stroke, wringing etc).
- Strong tools (supported thumb/finger, knuckles, fists, elbows).
- Body mechanics for therapists, the correct use of bodyweight to deliver pressure/depth.
- Focus on intermediate and deep tissues with particular reference to piriformis, gluteus medius, infraspinatus, L.Scapulae, scalenes.
- Abdominal massage.
- Anatomy of deep tissue especially role of Connective Tissue.
- Trigger point theory and practice.
Click here for prospectus http://hht.co.nz/5pro.pdf
Hot Stone Massage
Holistic Health Therapy tutorial, delivered to a maximum of two students.
New course now available!
This course covers how to safely and effectively deliver this wonderful form of massage by one-to-one or small-group tutorial.
Affordable, certificated. Full training and colour Manual provided.
Click here for prospectus http://hht.co.nz/7pro.pdf
Request a workshop by clicking request a call.
A short practitioner upskill training in the delivery of safe, effective relaxation massage therapy to pregnant women in the 2nd and 3rd trimesters.
Click here for prospectus http://hht.co.nz/8pro.pdf